To directly contribute to the mission of United Way of Palm Beach County (UWPBC) by fundraising for Major Gifts and Leadership Giving teams focused on growing the Tocqueville Society and stewarding donor relationships. $52,000-65,000 annually.
- Department presenter for workplace and philanthropic campaigns (affinity groups, Planned Giving, Donor Advised Funds, and the UWPBC Leadership and Tocqueville level step-up initiatives)
- Facilitate training for the Resource Development team on all aspects of major giving and donor relations.
- Mange the Planned Giving program and facilitate the Planned Giving Council.
- Lead the Donor Advise Fund program
- Spearhead the UWPBC step-up to Leadership and Tocqueville level giving efforts
- Initiate thank you calls, visits and written cards and communications to community leadership and Tocqueville Society donors
- Manage content and mailing of quarterly Tocqueville Society Newsletter
- Research donors and prepare prospect reports
- Work with fundraising team to recognize and steward donors
- Provide excellent customer service to key donors and prospects
- Provide oversite of all gift acknowledgements for donors $10,000 and above
- Help prepare content for social media channels for United Way Affinity Groups including Women United Emerging Leaders Society, and Tocqueville Society
- Assist with Tocqueville Society cabinet
- Assist with Tocqueville Society, Women United and Emerging Leaders Society events as needed
- Perform other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to provide superior customer service to donors, prospects, volunteers, staff and community members
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, implementing and completing projects within stated timelines
- Ability to be self-motivated and follow-through on assignments
- Ability to maintain a positive, working relationship with diverse staff, vendors, donors and committee members
- Demonstrate support of organizational objectives/initiatives, assisting as needed
- Demonstrate creative problem solving
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and organizational development
- Decision Making
- Interactive Communication
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years fundraising experience, with a preferred background in major gifts
- Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be flexible to changes, able to work independently and have strong problem-solving skills
- Strong spelling, grammar and proofreading skills
- Significant knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software
- Knowledge of complex databases and ability to learn Andar software
- Experience using Constant Contact, Trusted Partner and Adobe InDesign preferred
- Accurate word processing, excellent follow-up and general office procedure experience required
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Further details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
United Way of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.