The Systems Administrator supports all aspects of Business Intelligence efforts within assigned areas of responsibility including reporting, analytics, data management and acquisition, and application support of related technologies and databases. Understands and delivers analytic services supporting business needs and priorities. Supports UWPBC staff in their use of Business Intelligence technologies. Provides functional and technical application user support for mission critical business applications.
Salary range for this position is $45,000-50,000 DOE.
- Serve as primary liaison to UPIC solutions or other hosting partner
- Install, test and configure workstations and peripheral equipment
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses. Ensure that renewal periods are documented and notify appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the wireless network, phone system, conference room audio/visual systems, printers, and other systems as necessary.
- Contact vendors as required for repair to systems in accordance with contract maintenance agreement.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to database management, application permissions, security related protocols, and end user experience.
- Daily system monitoring verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources and key processes and reporting issues as they arise
- Provide user-level training for systems and appropriate usage of the systems and data
- Create and resolve internal helpdesk tickets in a timely fashion
- Develop reports, data visualizations, and presentations appropriate for the business purpose and audience. Present findings and supported recommendations
- Drive adoption of IT solutions through user enablement, communications, and support
- Support mission critical business applications with emphasis on data quality, serving as subject matter expert, assisting in training of users, providing input to new features, and resolving application issues
- Assist, as assigned by management, with the organization’s disaster response efforts
- Perform other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned
- Service-oriented mindset with flexible response to needs of staff
- Prompt and effective troubleshooting service to staff
- Ability to utilize technology in daily work and with special projects
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work
- Must be time sensitive and able to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proactive and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal and communication skills, including data visualization and effective presentation skills
- Must possess excellent Strong customer service and follow through
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative and follows all assignments through to completion within established timelines
- Must work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team-based environment
- Ability to conduct job responsibilities with minimal supervision, providing updates to management on a regular basis
- Analytical Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Fostering Learning
- Information Gathering and Processing
- Information Management
- Problem Solving
- Using Information Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in closely related field with a minimum of 2 to 5 years of technical business experience, data analysis, research, and producing reports
- Strong computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, donor databases, datamining and computerized accounting systems
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks, lift up to 20 lbs. and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Further details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
United Way of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.